a perfect simple but deliciously decadent brunch. can be made with lots of different toppings, and remove the maple syrup and vanilla extract for a savoury version!
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup flour (i use spelt)
1 cup plantbased milk
4 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp warm water)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 pinch sea salt
1. preheat the oven to 200C.
2. place 1 tbsp coconut oil into a cast iron pan and place in the oven for 20 mins.
3. blend together the flour, milk, flax eggs, vanilla, 1 tbsp coconut oil, sea salt and maple syrup. make sure to get plenty of air into the mixture.
4. pour the batter into the hot pan and bake for 40 minutes.
5. slice the plantain and rub with the cinnamon. put to oen side until 10 minutes before the dutch baby is ready.
6. fry the plantain until golden brown on both sides.
7. once the dutch baby is ready top with the plantain, maple syrup and optional hibiscus sugar/powdered sugar.